With warmer weather finally upon us, it’s time for more backyard BBQ’s and get togethers, and more often than not you’ll find yourself being asked to bring a side dish to share!
One of my very favorite go-to’s is this delicious broccoli bacon salad. It has the perfect blend of crunch, sweetness and tang! It’s definitely a crowd pleaser, as well as healthy to boot! Enjoy!
Broccoli Bacon Salad
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 2 heads of broccoli broken down into small florets
- ¾ lb bacon, cooked and chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1½ cups red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, red wine vinegar, and celery seed in a small bowl. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine broccoli, bacon, toasted almonds, green onions, celery and grapes in a large serving dish.
- (To toast almonds, place on a large baking sheet and bake at 350F for 3-5 minutes stirring in between. Do not walk away! They will burn easily. The almonds are toasted when they turn light brown.)
- Toss the dressing with the rest of the salad ingredients and stir.
- Dressing can be added at the last minute if desired.