Don’t you just LOVE delicious, healthy salads?
Salad is enjoyed all year long by many families.
With Springtime in the air and Summer close behind, there will be lots of BBQ’s and parties that will call for a salad.
Here are two healthy salads that are sure to please and that you can take to your next get together. Everyone is sure to enjoy them!
Caprese Salad can be served as a main dish, as a side dish with beef, as an appetizer before a meal, or as a mid-afternoon, evening or midnight snack. How versatile is that? It is the height of perfection when it comes to flavor and freshness.
Fresh mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
APPLE CRANBERRY WALNUT SALAD
- 6 cups salad (I used a combination of arugula and baby spinach, any spring green mix will do)
- 1 red apple
- 1 green apple
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (such as Diamond of California)
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup apple juice
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar in a pinch)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- scant ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup oil
- Core and chop apples (thin slices or 1 inch chunks). Toss lettuce, apples, walnuts, feta, and cranberries together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Toss with salad immediately before serving. Enjoy!
* Poppy Seed Dressing is also great on this salad!