The Big Chief tablet certainly brings back memories of elementary school!
I loved writing on the wide-lined paper. To this day, I prefer wide-ruled paper compared to narrow-ruled.
You can still buy Big Chief Writing Tablets for your children, grand children, nieces and nephews! You might even want to buy one for yourself For Old Times’ Sake!
An interesting fact is that in the 1994 film “Forrest Gump,” Forrest can be seen getting on the bus holding a “Big Chief Tablet” and it also appears in the famous “run Forrest, run” scene.
Another interesting fact about a popular writer: Hugo Award winning Science Fiction Author, Connie Willis writes her books by hand on Big Chief Tablets which she buys in bulk.
Did you know this about the Big Chief Tablet?
- Big Chief Tablets were made of newsprint paper.
- The wide-ruled lines is easier for those learning to write.
- Western Tablet produced the Big Chief and trademarked in 1947.
- In 1964 Western Tablet was renamed “Westab.”
- The Big Chief usage peaked in the 1960s but found a new competitor.
- The spiral notebook became popular in the 60s and began to claim a bigger market share.
- Big Chief tablet halted production in 2001.
- American Trademark Publishing resumed production the Big Chief Writing Tablet in 2012.
For more, Click Here