Did you ever play the Game of Cootie when you were growing up?
The Game of Cootie is a children’s roll-and-move tabletop game for two to four players.
The object of the game is to be the first to build a three-dimensional bug-like object called a “cootie” from a variety of plastic body parts.
I spent many hours playing it and loved every minute of it!
Did you know these interesting facts about the game of Cootie?
1) The Game of Cootie was created by William Schaper and was launched in 1949.
2) It sold millions in its first years.
3) In 1973 Cootie was acquired by Tyco Toys and, in 1986, by Hasbro subsidiary Milton Bradley.
4) In 2003, Cootie was named to the Toy Industry Association’s “Century of Toys List” of the 100 most memorable and most creative toys of the 20th century.
5) Cootie, the plastic bug, has become an icon, and, for some, a symbol for the baby boomer generation.
Source: Click Here