A recent study by Apartment List ranks the Top 5 Best Colorado Cities for Families. This is very helpful information when you are looking for a desirable place for your family to live
This recent study identified the 100 Best Cities for Families nationwide. From that information the Top 5 Best Colorado Cities for Families was born.
The methodology used was centered on four factors that research has identified as the most important to families:
Safety (35%): Cities are ranked by the number of violent crimes and property crimes per 100,000 residents. Source: FBI statistics.
Housing Cost (30%): Calculation was on the percentage of the average income required to rent the average 2 bedroom apartment. Sources: Apartment List, American Community Survey
School Quality (25%): Cities were ranked on high school graduation rate for public school districts based in that city. Source: Department of Education data.
Child Friendliness (10%): Communities with a greater percentage of children tend to be more child friendly. The score was based on the percentage of the population that’s under 18. Source: American Community Survey
The Top 5 Best Colorado Cities for Families: (Drum Roll!)
1) Castle Rock: A picturesque town south of Denver, ranked No. 1 in Colorado and No. 4 on the national list of family-friendly cities.
2) Loveland: Colorado’s No. 2 city for families. This northern Colorado also claimed the No. 90 spot on the national list.
3) Longmont: Named for its views of nearby Longs Peak, this mountain city tied Loveland for affordability.
4) Fort Collins: The fourth largest city in Colorado, Fort Collins also ranks as the 4th best city for families.
5) Thornton: This fast-growing, northern Denver suburb of 127,359 residents beat Fort Collins in safety, affordability and kid friendliness. It’s in 5th place because of lower high school graduation rates.
The other eight best cities for families in Colorado are: Colorado Springs, Boulder, Grand Junction, Greeley, Aurora, Westminster, Pueblo & Denver. Source…