Okay, so you think if you eat nuts they will be too fattening and shouldn’t be part of your daily diet…think again!
According to research, nuts can literally add years to your life. The less they are processed, the better they are for you!
There are studies that confirm the healthy benefits of eating nuts. It seems that every year there is new evidence that nuts are nature’s most versatile, nutritionally balanced health food.
Healthy fats are now considered a pillar of any healthy diet, and leading the charge into this new era are nuts. Don’t cast them aside as fatty junk food…they contain healthy fats!
Nuts make a healthy and easy snack. You can buy many of them in individual serving bags or just put a few in a baggie or your lunch bag.
Healthy benefits of nuts include:
- Walnuts can reduce stress levels and lower blood pressure
- Nuts can help control both blood sugar and cholesterol
- Walnuts can drive down a woman’s diabetes risk by as much as 24 percent
- Nuts have the good-for-you monounsaturated fats and won’t make you gain weight
- Almonds rank among the highest-protein nuts.
- Almonds are also high in manganese and vitamin E, which are vital defenders against oxidative damage.
- Pistachios are lower per-nut in calories than other nuts, but are quite high in protein and fiber
- Cashews are one of the most nutrient-rich nuts in the orchard, with plenty of iron, zinc, and trace minerals.
- Peanuts are one of the great energy foods. They are high in protein, dietary fiber, and antioxidants.