Do you stop to think how owning a pet actually makes you healthier? It’s not only the companionship they provide but there are other benefits as well.
Twenty-five years of research says there are health benefits of owning a pet:
1) You Get More Exercise – Dog owners get more exercise than non-dog owners!
2) Emotional Support System – Pets help reduce stress and gives self-esteem a boost!
3) A Healthier Heart – Cats and dogs improve heart health!
4) Protection Against Allergies – Being around cats and dogs early in life reduces allergies later in life!
5) Stay Socially Connected – You have more conversations with neighbors and other pet owners.
6) Pets give unconditional love and support – It is comforting to know that pets don’t judge you!
All-in-all, pets contribute to a happier and healthier life…time to get a pet or give a treat to the one you own!
Did you know…63% of pet owners consider their pets to be family members?
What’s the most popular pet today according to Happify?
Pets of the future…robotic dogs help seniors in nursing homes feel less lonely and more connected. Did you know that in one study they were just as effective as a real, live dog?
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” Anatole France